On one programme I heard, they said space goes on forevever and ever without stopping. And how it has no edges. And they call it infinity. But what I want to know is- how can something go on and on forever without stopping? How can comething have no edges? Am I just a tiny speck floating about with lots of other specks, i.e. planets and stars? Where does infinity end?
Mum says, 'It is often best not to think too much about it because it is all slightly beyond our understanding and if you spend too long wondering about it all, it can make you feel rather insignificant,' i.e. small and pointless.
Which to be honest I feel a lot of the time anyway. I phone Granny and ask her, does she ever feel small and pointless when she thinks about infinity?
And she says, 'Not a bit of it, I love infinity. It's rather reassuring to remember you are just a speck and in the end it doesn't really matter if you wear a pair of purple shoes with a red coat or a pair of yellow ones.'
I ask Grandad- he says, 'The last time I was there I lost my glasses but on the whole I'm pro at it.' Dad says, 'I am sure it would be a quieter place to read the paper.' Which I am not sure is true because I believe there is a lot of wind in space.
-Clarice Bean
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment